Monday, May 6, 2013

This one's for the physics nerds!

This one's a gimme

Twice a week, I eat lunch with a group of friends from my Hebrew class, and we often go to the cafe in the physics building. It's a nice place where you can get huge bowls of tasty food for a reasonable price, and they have a patio for sitting outside too.
Each black stripe has an equation on it.

When you first go through the main entry way, there is a big hall with a bunch of tiles that have equations engraved into them. As I walk over the tiles, I'm always trying to see which ones I know and which ones I don't. So...I took photos and now it's your turn.

Leave a comment below identifying as many as you can. Whoever can identify the most will get a special shout-out blog post.
1. Not too tough yet...
2. So far so good...
3. I think this one uses different notation than usual...
4. OK, looks familiar...
5. A weird way of writing this, but I think I know what it says...
6. Still got this one? Doing pretty well here...
7. If you took 8.04, you know this one...
8. Ah crap, here's where I get a little lost. I remember this, but how is it different from #7?
9. I definitely never studied this one, but I think I know what it is...
So there you have it, physics nerds. Do your best. I think I can score 8/9.

Bonus points: Can you think of any equation that they should have included, but didn't? Anything even more important than these ones?

1 comment:

  1. I was having a really hard time until I figured out that in Hebrew these should all be read right to left!!!

    ReplyDelete