Monday, October 29, 2012

Our birds

 

We have two baby birds and one mother bird that have taken up residence in the windowbox outside our apartment.  It's been pretty awesome watching them hanging out there.  The babies are always there, and the mother comes and goes, presumably bringing food back.  We don't think the babies can fly yet, or if they can, they haven't been doing it.  I really enjoy checking on them before I leave for work in the morning and when I get home in the evening.  They are sort of like having no-maintenance pets, which is about my style.  I never had anything more than fish as pets growing up, and I don't recall ever begging for a puppy.  I guess I just don't really have the pet-wanting gene.  But I have been enjoying having these birds to observe outside our window.  They are bigger than I would have expected for baby birds, and I don't know what kind they are.  But (now) I'm sure they're babies because the mother bird is even bigger.  Here are some more pictures of them:






Not the cutest birds, but they're what we've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment